Medical History Update for Oral Surgery and Dental Implants
Antiangiogenic agent? Cancer or macular degeneration drugs like Sunitinib (Sutent) Bevacizumab (Avastin) Aflibercept (Zaltrap, Eylea) JADA 2022 Aminoshariae
Immunosuppressive drugs? Enbrel Humira, cyclosporine, methotrexate (Rheumatrex, Trexall, Otrexup (PF), Xatmep)
Steroids? cortisone, hydrocortisone, prednisone, other
SSRI or antidepressants? circle all citalopram Celexa, escitalopram Lexapro, fluoxetine Prozac, fluvoxamine Luvox, paroxetine Paxil, sertraline Zoloft, Desvenlafaxine Pristiq, Duloxetine Cymbalta, Levomilnacipran Fetzima, Milnacipran Savella, Venlafaxine Effexor
Proton pump inhibitors omeprazole (Prilosec, Yosprala, Zegerid ) lansoprazole (Prevacid), dexlansoprazole (Dexilent), rabeprazole (Aciphex), pantoprazole (Protonix), esomeprazole (Vimovo, Nexium)
Bone healing or strengthening pills or shots = Bisphosphates? taken for osteoporosis, Paget’s disease, multiple myeloma, hypercalcemia, and metastatic breast cancer and prostate cancer
- Alendronate (Fosamax, Alendro)
- Risedronate (Actonel)
- Ibandronate (Boniva)
- Atelvia Skelid (tiludronate) This one OK
- Tiludronate (Skelid) This one OK
- Pamidronate (Aredia, Pamisol) worst
- Zolendronic acid (Zometa, Reclast) worst
- Ibandronate (Boniva IV)
- Clodronate (Bonefos) This one OK
- Denosumab monoclonal Ig Ab (Prolia, XGEVA=like IV). Prolia patients should be treated the way we treat ORAL Bisphosphonate patients as their risk is very low, likely less than .5% Watts 2019 JCEM. Xgeva patients should be treated the way we treat IV Bisphosphonate Patients. The effects do reverse with time from Denosumab.
History of cancer? What type? Do you know what treatments you were given?
No comments yet.