Located in wheaton, IL we have a cosmetic dentist, a pediatric dentist, and an orthodontist on location and see the results of no mouthguard occasionally. We are often asked by our wheaton orthodontic patients, what mouthguard can I use.
Long story short….use Shock Doctor Ultra STC Mouthguard or Shock Doctor Double Braces Youth Mouthguard if you have braces.
Why do you need a mouthguard?
- Protect your TEETH!!! Want to see what happens when you don’t?
- Absorbs the energy of a blow to the face limiting the amount of damage done
- Protects the soft tissue in and around your mouth, ie won’t bite off tongue!
- They are a requirement for certain sports
- The number of facial injuries in sports is significant.
Why Shock Doctor?
- They have a convenient breathing channel
- They are very comfortable
- They are affordable, check Dick’s
- Lots of options