Mental Foramen and Anterior Loop
Where is the anterior loop? In relationship to the mental forman?
Genetic variances position Santini BDJ 2012
- Position between 1st and 2nd premolar European and Indian
- Directly below 2nd premolar in Chinese
Anterior loop = an extension of IAN, anterior to mental foramen, before existing canal
- 1/3 have
- averge 1.4mm max was 4.4mm
Juan JPD 2016 CBCT 2mm average up to nearly 7mm
- Pano data 35% have CT data 41% have other CBCT study says 84%
- Pano data 3.6mm forward average, up to 6.3mm
- CT data 2.3mm average, up to 4.3mm CBCT study 3.5mm average up to 5mm
- From lower border mandible to mental foramen (Easy to remember=going to be around 15mm)
- Pano data 16.5 average and 19mm max
- CT data 13.9 average and 17mm max
No comments yet.