3 ways to fix, but first have patient hold a mirror at arms length and give “e” smile and count the sixties to see what really shows. If does not show easiest option is to let unesthetic area be.
- Prep the implant, I’ve seen done for lower anteriors for overdenture where a lot is showing. This can be used for more severe cases
- Make a buccal flange to cover. For less severe cases. If too much showing then have to use pink porcelain.
- Rebury it with soft tissue graft, for minor cases in anterior. If threads exposed then needs bone graft and membrane.
In apical portion implant
- Healing cap
- Expose area
- Clean with cotton and air power abrasive unit of Na2CO3
- Irrigate NaCl .9% Baxter Health
- Graft autogenous or allograft
- Collagen membrane or maybe Ti reinforced better here?
- Suture 2 weeks remove
- Leave 6-9 months
Bryan Bauer, DDS, FAGD