Dental steps for Laser frenectomy
- .8-1.4 W continuous
- Release upward to form diamond
- Removal all vertical fibers to periosteum
- Score horizontally with blade
- Hydrogen peroxide to clean
- Vitamin E oil
I like to treat this few months prior to ortho being removed
- Avoid spicy or acidic (citrus, wine) foods or drinks for 3 days.
- Avoid sharp foods like chips for 3 days
- May need ibuprofen for pain
- Heals with a white or gray soft scab that will coat area for 7-10 days
- Laser is antibacterial so infection highly unlikely but dabbing CHX will help
- Cold pack if swelling (unlikely)
- Brush carefully in that area not disturbing wound
No comments yet.