What are the options and techniques for a 3D printed dental implant surgical guide?
What are the options for surgical guides if don’t print own?
$35 to scan satone model and print surgical guide. 3-5 day turn around
Dominion Milling Center will print a surgical guide for you for $35. Need scan of teeth no model printing.
What are the 3D printing in office surgical guide options?
Never absolute precision in CBCT. Most systems have 20-30% barium sulphate acrylic scan prosthesis (not Nobel that uses gp). If partially edentulous may not need at all, use teeth as reference.
Types – with any of these types it helps to have holes in guide or drill holes self to ensure fully seating. Post 35
- Tooth born=most accurate
- Tissue born
- Bone born
- SimPlant – Facilitate (bone guide available)
- 3D Diagnostix (bone guide available)
- Sicat – Sirona
- VIP3 – Biohorizons (no pilot)
- Blue Sky Plan (bone guide available)
- Cybermed – OnDemand (bone guide available)
- iGuide by iDent
- EasyGuide by Keystone dental (pilot only)
- gonyX by Straumann
- Guided Surgery Solutions
- Anatomage – InVivo5 (bone guide available)
- 360 Imaging
- Canada Bay
- Implant Concierge
- Jurim Dental Studio
- nSequence Great bone guide system
- Ottawa Dental Lab
- Swiss Meda/SMOP
- GuideSMILE V2R Biomedical Great pin referenced provisional in use Tischler article in dentalcetoday
- 3 or more implants in a row
- Proximity to vital structures, adjacent teeth
- Questionable bone volume (significant soft or hard tissue defects)
- Implant position critical to restorative success
- Flapless plan
- Multiple unit or complete arch immediate restorations planned
Large volume CBCT has 2.7-25 times radiation pano, kind of useless since we use limited image.
CBCT is about 20% conventional CT in radiation
Thyroid collar can reduce exposure by 40%
CAS (carotid artery stenosis) found in pano is about 2-5%. Duplex ultrasound is gold standard to confirm
Place cotton roll under upper lip before CBCT to prevent shadowing.